Into the Night

 The into the night cocktail is inspired by this Bath and Body Works fragrance:

 

About the fragrance

I was gifted the body scrub and body cream in 2022. I had never owned anything in this fragrance before, although I had been interested in trying it. It is currently available online as a body lotion, body cream, shower gel, fine fragrance mist, "glowtion" body butter, single wick candle, exfoliating glow body scrub, travel size shower gel, travel size fine fragrance mist, travel size body cream, moisturizing body wash, hand cream, diamond shimmer mist, and two gift sets. There is also a single wick candle, 3-wick candle, concentrated room spray, and shea butter cleansing bar in this fragrance, but their fragrance notes are slightly different.

The scent notes listed for this fragrance are:

Raspberry noir

Amber crystals

Velvety rose petals

Creamy patchouli

Mocha musk

Designing the cocktail

I used half and half for the mixer to capture the creamy essence, although I could not replicate patchouli as a flavor. I used Chambord for the raspberry noir note. I didn't know how to replicate the amber note, so I left it out. For the rose note, I used rose syrup from this floral elixir syrup set from Uncommon Goods. I also added rose petals (originally purchased for my Winter Candy Apple cocktail) as a garnish. For the mocha musk note, I used Kahlua and white rum and drizzled the inside of the glass with chocolate sauce.

Recipe

1 oz Chambord

1 oz Kahlua

½ oz white rum

½ oz rose syrup

6 oz half and half

Chocolate sauce

Rose petals

Combine Chambord, Kahlua, white rum, rose syrup, and half and half in a glass or cocktail shaker. Drizzle the inside of two cocktail glasses with chocolate sauce. Transfer mixture to cocktail glasses. Garnish with rose petals. For a non-alcoholic version, omit the Chambord, Kahula, and white rum. Add raspberry simple syrup and coffee (decaffeinated if you don't want caffeine.)

The finished cocktail


I enjoyed the sweetness and richness of this cocktail. It would definitely be classified as a dessert cocktail and would be appropriate for Valentine's Day. My only complaint was that there were so many flavors that it was hard to detect of all of them. The coffee, rose, and chocolate flavors were all noticeable, but the black raspberry flavor was overpowered by them. I would recommend this cocktail to any sweet tooth who likes coffee, chocolate, and rose flavors. Raspberry lovers might be disappointed, but they could try increasing the Chambord while decreasing the Kahlua.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gingham

Saltwater Breeze

Gingham Gorgeous