Twilight Rose

 The twilight rose cocktail is inspired by this Bath and Body Works fragrance:

 About the fragrance

I purchased this hand soap in 2023. As far as I can recall it was the first time I had purchased anything in this fragrance. It is currently available online as a hand soap.

The scent notes listed for this fragrance are:

Midnight rose

Dewy lemon

Wild peony

Designing the cocktail

I used club soda as the mixer. For the lemon note, I used lemon vodka. For the rose note, I used the same rose syrup that I used for Into The Night, and I also added dried rosebuds from a local health food store. For the peony note, I used dried peony petals from the Etsy shop Herbal Mansion.

Recipe

2 oz lemon vodka

½ oz rose syrup

6 oz club soda

Rose buds or petals

Peony petals

Place two ice cubes in a glass. Add lemon vodka and rose syrup. Pour in club soda. Garnish with rosebuds and peony petals. For a non-alcoholic version, omit the lemon vodka and add lemon flavored simple syrup.

The finished cocktail


 

 I would give this cocktail an average rating. The taste was similar to a diluted lemonade. The rose syrup complemented the lemon flavor nicely. The rosebuds provided a delicate and earthy flavor, while the peony petals introduced a slight bitterness. The rose syrup gave it a very pale pink tint, which along with the floral garnishes made it visually interesting. I would recommend this cocktail to anyone who likes lemonade, and especially to people who like floral lemonades.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gingham

Saltwater Breeze

Gingham Gorgeous