Coconut Lime Breeze

 The coconut lime breeze cocktail is inspired by this Bath and Body Works fragrance:

About the fragrance

I first purchased this fragrance as a shower gel in 2013 after trying on the body lotion in the store. I liked it, but I did not purchase the scent again until 2021, when I ordered the body lotion pictured. It is currently unavailable online.

The scent notes listed for this fragrance are:

Sheer coconut water

White orange blossom

Zesty lime

Jasmine petals

Island musk

Designing the cocktail

I used Simple Truth Organic brand coconut water as the mixer. For the orange blossom note, I used Grand Marnier. I also added orange simple syrup for sweetness and a more intense flavor. For the lime note, I used a combination of lime vodka and lime juice. I used white rum for the musk note, but added less rum than the other alcoholic ingredients since musk is the last note listed. For the jasmine note, I used dried jasmine purchased at a local health food store.

Recipe

1 oz Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur

1 oz lime vodka

½ oz white rum

1 oz orange simple syrup

Squirt of lime juice

6 oz coconut water

Jasmine blossoms

Place two ice cubes in a glass. Add orange liqueur, lime vodka, white rum, orange simple syrup, and lime juice. Pour in coconut water. Garnish with jasmine blossoms. For a non-alcoholic version, omit the orange liqueur, lime vodka, and rum.

The finished cocktail


 

I did not enjoy this cocktail as much as most of the others I have invented. The lime and orange flavors overpowered the coconut, and the overall taste was very sour. The earthy flavor of jasmine clashed with the citrus flavors. I would recommend this cocktail to anyone who likes sour cocktails and citrus flavors.

Comments

  1. Sorry you didn't like it as well as some of the other ones you have created! Would you make it again and adjust the sweet/sour ratio?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could try adding more simple syrup and not add the lime juice.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gingham

Saltwater Breeze

Gingham Gorgeous