A Thousand Wishes

 The a thousand wishes cocktail is inspired by this Bath and Body Works fragrance:


About the fragrance

I first purchased this fragrance as a body lotion in 2016 after trying it on in the store. Since then, I have also owned it as a fragrance mist and a wallflower fragrance plugin. It is my favorite Bath and Body Works fragrance. It is currently available online as a body lotion, bubble bath, body cream, fragrance mist, shea butter cleansing bar, shimmer mist, hand sanitizer, hand sanitizer spray, and wallflower fragrance plugin, as well as two gift sets. It has inspired two additional fragrances, A Thousand Wishes For You (currently available online as a body lotion, body cream, and fragrance mist) and A Thousand Christmas Wishes (currently unavailable online).

The scent notes listed for this fragrance are:

Pink prosecco

Sparkling quince

Crystal peonies

Gilded amber

Amaretto creme

Designing the cocktail

I purchased a bottle of Cupcake prosecco rosé for the first note. Since sparkling wine cannot be recorked, I had to use the whole bottle at once and chose to make the cocktail in a big batch and invite friends over to try it. Quince juice is difficult to find, so I chose to substitute pear juice, which has a similar flavor. I used the same peony petals I used for my Forever Red cocktail but used a lighter hand with them so that the cocktail would be less bitter. I didn't know how to approximate an amber note, so I left that out. I used Di Amore brand amaretto. I also added almond simple syrup for additional sweetness, but I found it didn't need much. One of my friends came over early to help me figure out the proportions and mix the cocktail.

Recipe

1 bottle prosecco rosé

1 bottle quince or pear juice

6 oz amaretto

1 oz almond simple syrup

Peony petals

Combine prosecco, quince or pear juice, amaretto, and almond simple syrup in a punch bowl. Sprinkle peony petals on top. Use a ladle to distribute individual servings into glasses. For a non-alcoholic version, substitute the prosecco with equal parts sparkling red and white grape juice, omit the amaretto, and use 4 oz almond simple syrup.

The finished cocktail



 
I enjoyed this cocktail. The prosecco, amaretto, and pear flavors were all detected, but no flavor overpowered the others. The fizziness of the prosecco gave a brightness to the drink. Since there were fewer peony petals, the bitterness detected in Forever Red was not detected this time. My guests seemed to enjoy it too. There was only one serving left at the end of the evening. I brought out my A Thousand Wishes body lotion and fragrance mist for my guests to try, and one of them said the cocktail smelled just like it. I would recommend this cocktail to any sweet tooth who likes sparkling wine and fruit flavors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gingham

Saltwater Breeze

Gingham Gorgeous