Dream Bright

 The dream bright cocktail is inspired by this Bath and Body Works fragrance:


About the fragrance

I purchased this wallflower fragrance plugin when it debuted in 2022. I also purchased a hand cream in this fragrance. It is currently available online as a shea butter cleansing bar, fine fragrance mist, moisturizing body wash, "glowtion" body butter, exfoliating glow body scrub, eau de parfum, shower gel, body cream, body lotion, diamond shimmer mist, bubble bath, mini perfume spray, hand cream, travel size fine fragrance mist, travel size body cream, and travel size shower gel, but not as a wallflower fragrance plugin.

The scent notes listed for this fragrance are:

Sapphire berries

Night-blooming orchid

Crystallized vanilla

Designing the cocktail

I used blueberry juice as the mixer to capture the sapphire berries note. For the vanilla note, I used vanilla vodka. For the night blooming orchid note, I used tropical orchid syrup from Floral Elixir Co. Some orchid varieties, particularly the Epidendrum (vanilla orchid) variety, are edible, but this variety was not in stock at any of the dried flower shops I frequent on Etsy so I did not include them. If you grow your own vanilla orchids or are able to locate dried Epidendrum petals, feel free to include them.

Recipe

2 oz vanilla vodka

½ oz orchid syrup

6 oz blueberry juice

Vanilla orchid petals (optional)

Combine vanilla vodka, orchid syrup, and blueberry juice in a glass or cocktail shaker. If you used a cocktail shaker, transfer mixture to a glass. Garnish with vanilla orchid petals. For a non-alcoholic version, omit the vanilla vodka and add vanilla simple syrup.

The finished cocktail


 

 I enjoyed this cocktail more than I thought I would. The blueberry juice tasted tart on its own, and I was afraid that it would make the cocktail unpleasant, similar to the pomegranate juice used in forever red, especially since it was the same brand. However, I found that the orchid and vanilla flavors countered its tartness. All three notes were easily detected. If I had included vanilla orchid petals, they would have contributed a slightly sweet and fresh taste, which would also have gone well with the blueberry juice. I still did not enjoy this cocktail as much as any of my half-and-half based cocktails, but that was to be expected since I am a sweet tooth. Visually, I found this cocktail more interesting than my colorless cocktails but less interesting than cocktails with a drizzle or garnish. I would recommend this cocktail to anyone who likes fruit juice cocktails and is curious about orchid flavor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gingham

Saltwater Breeze

Gingham Gorgeous