Hello Beautiful

 The hello beautiful cocktail is inspired by this Bath and Body Works fragrance:


About the fragrance

I received this fragrance as a gift in 2023, and had been interested in trying it for a while already before then. It is currently available online as a body lotion, body wash, fragrance mist, and body cream.

The scent notes listed for this fragrance are:

White gardenia

Jasmine petals

Magnolia blossom

Pink nectarine

Cotton musk

Designing the cocktail

I used peach nectarine Sparkling Ice for the mixer. I could not find anything exclusively nectarine flavored, but peach flavor is very similar. Any peach or nectarine flavored sparkling water or soda would work. I used white rum for the musk note. For the gardenia note, I used gardenia syrup from Floral Elixir Co. I could not locate dried gardenia petals, but if you are able to locate them feel free to use them, as they are edible. For the jasmine note, I used jasmine syrup (previously used in Japanese Cherry Blossom), also from Floral Elixir Co, and dried jasmine blossoms from a health food store (previously used in Japanese Cherry Blossom and Coconut Lime Breeze.) For the magnolia note, I used dried magnolia blossoms (they're edible) from the Etsy shop Flower Garden St.

Recipe

2 oz white rum

½ oz gardenia syrup

½ oz jasmine syrup

6 oz nectarine or peach sparkling water or soda

Jasmine blossoms

Magnolia blossoms

Place two ice cubes in a glass. Add white rum, gardenia syrup, and jasmine syrup. Pour in nectarine sparkling water. Garnish with jasmine and magnolia blossoms. For a non-alcoholic version, omit the white rum.

The finished cocktail

 

 

I enjoyed this cocktail, though I have enjoyed some of my other cocktails more. The florals, especially gardenia, overpowered the nectarine flavor, though this can be easily remedied by adding less gardenia and jasmine elixir. The rum flavor was also partly masked by the florals, which could either be a positive or negative depending on whether one enjoys the flavor of rum. Gardenia was an acquired taste, but I enjoyed it once I got used to it. The jasmine and magnolia blossoms provided a pleasant, earthy flavor. Along with the color of the nectarine sparkling water, they made the cocktail visually interesting. I would recommend this cocktail to anyone who likes floral beverages.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gingham

Saltwater Breeze

Gingham Gorgeous