Warm Ocean Breeze

 The warm ocean breeze cocktail is inspired by this Bath and Body Works fragrance:


 

About the fragrance

I purchased this fragrance for my bathroom in 2024. I don't remember whether I had ever purchased it previously, but I know I purchased similar fragrances to go with my ocean themed bathroom. It is currently available online as a wallflower fragrance.

The scent notes listed for this fragrance are:

Ocean sandalwood

Warm sage

Eucalyptus zest

Coconut

Designing the cocktail

I used club soda for the mixer to represent ocean water, and I rimmed the glass with salt to contribute to the ocean concept. I used Malibu coconut rum for the coconut note and purchased sage elixir from Floral Elixir Co for the sage note. I also added dried sage as a garnish. Eucalyptus is not safe for human consumption, so I excluded that note. I did not know how to recreate the sandalwood note, so I excluded that as well.

Recipe

2 oz coconut rum

½ oz sage syrup

6 oz club soda

Salt

Fresh or dried sage

Combine coconut rum, sage syrup, and club soda in a glass or cocktail shaker. Rim two cocktail glasses with salt. Transfer mixture to cocktail glasses. Garnish with sage. For a non-alcoholic version, omit the coconut rum and add 1 oz coconut simple syrup.

The finished cocktail

 

I enjoyed this cocktail. It was less sweet than some of my other cocktails, but not to the point where a sweet tooth like myself would not like it. I wasn't sure how coconut and sage would taste together, but they complemented one another well. I was also concerned that the rum would overwhelm the sage flavor as it overwhelmed the violet flavor in Saltwater Breeze, but it did not. The coconut rum provided a sweet tropical flavor, while the sage contributed an earthy taste. The sage elixir gave the cocktail a pale green tint, making it visually interesting. The visual appearance was also enhanced by the salt rim and the dried sage garnish, which resembled seaweed. I would recommend this cocktail to anyone who likes sage and coconut flavors and is curious about how they taste together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gingham

Saltwater Breeze

Gingham Gorgeous